PLM-T366VL Powerline T-class Series-2 High Cab #T366 V/Line HO scale DC-Only/Hardwire
T-class Series-2 High Cab Bo-Bo Diesel-Electric
#T358 V/Line Tangerine/Grey
DC-Only (Hardwire required for DCC)
A total of 94 T-class diesel-electric locomotives were built by Clyde Engineering (Granville) for the Victorian Railways between 1955 and 1968. Although ordered as branch line locomotives, they were often used on main line services when the branch lines began to close.
The class can be divided into three main styles by appearance:
Flat tops: T320-T346 (first order). Based on Electro-Motive Diesel G8 locomotive design, this order had a low cab and roof.
High cabs: T347-T356 and T357-T366 (second and third orders). They differed from the flat tops by having a high cab but were mechanically similar. The 3rd order had an altered radiator design.
Low nose: T367-T386, T387-T396, T397-T406 and T407 to T417 (fourth through seventh orders). The fourth order introduced a new low nose that provided greater driver visibility, and a more modern generator. The sixth order introduced the newer EMD 645E engine, replacing the older EMD 567.